Your privacy is important to us.
When working within our platform or services you are presenting us with significant personal information. We do not distribute it without your permission. Privacy protection is a difficult task when we are managing your CV or Resume which, let’s face it, has nearly all your important personal information including your full name, personal address, phone number, work and education history. It is important to recognize that you are giving this information to us for the purpose of review, storage and submission to third parties (our company clients). Once we have submitted your information to our company client(s) we no longer have any control over the use or the distribution of the information you submit to us.
Given these facts inherent in the workflow of our business, we recognize that you are trusting us to securely keep and manage this important information.
To do so we:
- Need to have the best way to communicate with you, and therefor ask for your email address or your phone number for SMS communication and,
- Make it easy to have your information removed or amended from our platforms, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your instructions and we will respond promptly to them.
We also collect information to provide you with opportunities that we believe are appropriate for you. Most of the opportunities will be delivered by email. You can easily unsubscribe from our emails if you do not find them valuable.
We do collect your browsing data on our Sites only. This data is used to understand what is important to you based upon variables like, how often you return to the site, which pages you look at when visiting, which buttons you click on, which pages you spend the most time on, which jobs you apply for, which learning modules you review and download, which learning modules you complete and do not complete, which assessments you take and the assessments you do not complete. There are many data points and variables created by our customers that we monitor – None will be sold or revealed to a third party without your permission. That permission will be an email (or if you choose, an SMS message) that you will need to agree to.
To accomplish this we use simple cookies. If you would like to see the cookies we are using on any page simply click the SSL lock next to our URL. Then on the menu click “cookies”. Our website cookies are listed when in use on a particular page. That list currently includes or may not include jotform.com and a chat solution. But these are subject to change. Here is the information we receive about you when you visit our Sites:
- Your location and IP address
- The browser and operating system you are using
- How much time you spend on our Site and what pages you visit
- How you arrived on Our Sites
You can significantly reduce or prevent our tracking of this information by using the private browsing settings built into your chrome, safari or edge browser.
None of our service providers sell your personal information.
We will never sell your personal data without notification to you.
Below is the legal version of the statements above.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/1/2019, LAST UPDATED: 10/6/2022
We respect the right to privacy of our users and take reasonable steps for the Visitors, End-Users and Customers to be familiar with the manner in which rendered accessible information via the following websites https://careernetnation.com, www.careernet.com, https://enterprise.careernet.com, www.careernetpro.com, and www.learnnet.org (collectively, “Websites”) and applications are processed.
Due to the implementation of comprehensive security regulations, Personal Data security provided by our Services, websites and applications is of highest available standards.
CareerNet Global, Inc. uses best practices to comply with and is committed to data privacy. We use data privacy laws and industry benchmarks as may be required to comply with data privacy laws including data privacy laws as exist state to state within the United States, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), and The General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR.
4. Questions and concerns.
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you wish to access, update, amend, correct or delete, any of your Personal Data we store and process, please contact us at email@example.com (or via support e-mail of the Service you use) or by postal mail at: CareerNet Global, Inc., 1001 Brickell Bay Drive, Suite 2700, Miami, FL 33130 USA
5. What information do we collect?
A. Data we request and you agree to provide.
B. Personal Data and other information by CareerNet Global, Inc. defined as:
a) Data to improve the customer’s experience when accessing our Websites visitors, to personalize individual users information or the service(s) we provide to them.
b) when approved by the customer, to provide other customers (indviduals, companies and organizations) with access to their Personal Data and maintain this access via standard API methods for the duration of paid usage of Services (active subscriptions) as well as after the subscription is expired (inactive subscriptions), until the Service is fully terminated by a written request (in accordance with the Agreement),
c) to secure Customer’s, as well as Company’s claims that may arise due to the Services (establish, investigate, or defend),
d) to stay connected with the Customer to present an up-to-date offers of Services and instructions or tips related to the Service.
6. Personal Data provided in connection with the correspondence between a Customer or Visitor and CareerNet Global, Inc.
Personal Data collected during any communication will be used strictly to reply to inquiries or to provide services to customers or visitors which they request or agree to. We use the information you provide us (including Personal Data) to offer you customer service, to allow you to view actions you have made in accessing the services we offer, and to create experiences that are unique to you. When using the support section of our websites we may collect the email address, name, ISP, Device, device operating system, web address you have visited prior to accessing our chat services. We do this to provide better and faster communication and issue resolution unique to you. Please be aware we also collect and process data related to the use of our software and services by our Customers. We use such data for internal statistics purposes and resource management. We may use it also internally to our company(ies) to improve our services or to create and improve new services. With the exception of Chat Services for ongoing customer support issues, we collect and process such data collectively and anonymously.
7. Categories of data subjects.
Data subjects include Customers companies and organizations as well as employees.
8. Types of Personal Data.
The Personal Data processed by the Company includes email address, first name and last name, address, title, contact details, username, chat history, financial information (credit card details, account details, payment information); employment details (employer, job title) and other data in an electronic form entered by the customer knowingly and which the customer agrees to.
9. Personal Data Accuracy and consent for processing and transferring Personal Data.
The Customer hereby agrees and warrants that the processing, including the transfer of its Personal Data (including the Personal Data provided to the Company’s system through the Customer’s Account), has been and will continue to be accurate. The accuracy of the Personal Data provided to us by the Customer will be determined by and in accordance with the relevant provisions of the applicable Data Protection Laws (and, where applicable, has been notified to the relevant authorities governing the customer. Company or organization’s location and does not violate the relevant data security provisions of that location. Any such violation or inaccuracy is solely the responsibility of the Customer and in no way the responsibility of CareerNet Global, Inc.
10. Profiling Personal Data. By using our services, the Customer gives its consent to the profiling of Personal Data. Profiling is defined by more than just the collection of personal data; it is the use of that data to evaluate certain aspects related to the individual. The purpose is to predict the individual’s behavior and take decisions regarding that predicted behavior. The Customer agrees that the profiling of the Personal Data shall serve, in particular, the purpose of providing the Customer with content that is accurate and consistent with the scope of the Service used or desired by the Customer. The Customer further acknowledges that it has the right not to be profiled. In such cases the request can be made at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parties undertake reasonable steps and efforts to eliminate profiling however in case of withdrawing the consent, the Customer is aware and acknowledges that it their services through CareerNet will be significantly limited. Withdrawing the consent is tantamount to the termination of the Agreement. Please also read our Equal Opportunity Employers Policy for more information.
11. Personal Data and other Customers’ information collected through forms and chat. Personal data is collected by CareerNet Global, Inc. in order to complete registration (create an Account/License) and at the same time to ensure Customers’ access to CareerNet Global, Inc.’s services. While registering on one of our websites related to the services request, you provide us with such information as first name, last name, company name, address, website address, e-mail address and credit/payment card information in the event a Customer continues to use our Services after free of charge trial period. Unless the Customer decides to use our Services after a free trial period, credit/payment card information is not required. We also collect other information (including Personal Data) provided by the Customer while using our chat services both actively and automatically (ip address, previous page views, previous url, operating system on device and device type). Some of the provided information such as an IP address, domain, browser type, operating system type, etc. may be automatically acquired when a user visits our websites through our chat system. When contacting CareerNet Global, Inc. the Customer may be requested to input analogical data or files to complete their services registration on our website. Some of this data may be collected (including Personal Data) in a Pre-chat survey. We also store the chat content. Please note that as you insert data (including Personal Data) through the services into the system, you are fully responsible for lawfully obtaining such data in accordance with the applicable law, as well as a lawful processing of such data to CareerNet Global, Inc. We store this data to review and improve our services to customers, not only to serve the individual for the following reasons:
A. providing the user with materials such as the newsletter in accordance with the user’s location (other newsletters are sent e.g. to Europe and other to Asia),
B. providing the Customer with the right content, depending on whether the Customer uses the trial or paid version of the Service.
12. Return or destruction of Personal Data. At Customer’s election, made by written request to the Company, the Company will and shall procure that all Sub-processors:
A. return a complete copy of all Customers Personal Data to the email address listed on the customer’s account.
B. delete and procure the deletion of the Customers Personal Data Processed by the Company. The Company will comply with such a written request within 30 days, unless it is unworkable due to the purposes of processing or due to technical issues.
C. Inactive Accounts – we define inactive accounts as accounts that are not accessed by the user for more than 365 days. Should your account remain inactive for 365 days, we will contact you by your preferred method(s) [email or SMS which you have previously agreed to]. We will make this attempt 2 or more time during the period beginning the 366th day through the 396 day (30 days). Should we no receive direction from you we will delete your account and all the data associated with your account. We will forward to your email any files you have uploaded to the CareerNet System. We do not store any personal data of any kind for greater than 18 months of account inactivity.
E. Retention of Copies. The Company may retain Personal Data to the extent required by applicable law and only to the extent and for such period as required by such laws and always provided that the Company shall ensure the confidentiality of all such Customer Personal Data and shall ensure that such Personal Data is only processed as necessary for the purpose(s) specified in such law requiring its storage and for no other purpose. The Customer agrees that after the termination or expiration of the Agreement its data may be stored as a backup for the time needed to secure (establish, investigate or defend) Customer’s and Company’s claims that may arise due to the performance of the Services (for the time it takes for the claims to be barred).
Data Protection Officer is CareerNet Global, Inc. at 1001 Brickell Bay Drive, 2700, Miami, FL 33130 United States of America or by email at email@example.com.
12. Geo-Location data.
Please be aware CareerNet Global, Inc. may have access to your geo-location data as we collect and process IP addresses of all devices through which you use CareerNet Global, Inc.’s services. Collecting and processing your geo-location data refers to mobile devices as well as computers. It may happen regardless whether you are a Visitor or a Customer based upon the services you access.
We will occasionally send you push notifications in order to make you aware of any outages of Service, changes of Service or at your opt-in, of communication by us for your individual update as relates to the services you agree to. You may opt-out of receiving these types of communications by turning off push notifications at the device level. We may also send you some emails from our blog. If you wish not to receive such notification you have an option to ‘unsubscribe’ this type of communication anytime. From time to time in specific situations, we may also send you some other messages, notifications or text messages. Users who leave their contact details while accessing particular sections of our website might receive additional messages not described above.
14. Third-party Personal Data:
You may separately provide registration and purchasing information to websites, apps, product or service providers through which we provide access to registration for our service. Depending on the particular promotion, when you register for the service through such a promotional partner of ours, that partner may provide us with a user/member name that you already use with that partner’s products or services or that you or it have otherwise pre-selected as part of the promotion.
A) As you are using our Services, you may click through certain links or promotions that will enable you to purchase our Services or use out Services provided by promotional partners or other sites or commerce providers. Some of those entities may share with us certain information (including Personal Data) that you provide to them. By clicking through to those links or promotions, you agree to allow us to receive and use any information (including Personal Data), except for credit card information (account number, expiration date) that you may provide to such entities, under the same terms as if you provided it to us directly.
i. We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. To enrich our profiles of individual Customers, we may tie this information to the personally identifiable information they have provided to us.
ii. Unless you specifically request communication by SMS, CareerNet’s only communication with you will be via email. You may unsubscribe from that email at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” section of the email. CareerNet may request a second verification of your Unsubscribe, but you agree this does not constitute phishing or spam.
15. Children personal data.
16. Using ‘cookies’.
17. Mobile analytics. We may use mobile analytics software which allows us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to Personal Data you submit within the application.
19. Data disclosure. CareerNet Global, Inc.’s main purpose of gathering Personal Data and other information is to maintain Services, ensure safe and guaranteed Services performance for its Customers, upgrade and improve functionality of its Services. In order to ensure orderly and safety functioning our Services we cooperate and use software developed for us (described below). We do not sell or lease your Personal Data to any third party. We will never share, sell, rent or trade your registration and Personal Information with any marketing or promotional partners without your consent. The following are exceptions, with respect to whom we may share your Personal Data:
A) CareerNet Global, Inc. reserves the right to disclose Personal Data to any of its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies.
C) Credit/payment card data provided by the Customer are disclosed solely to professional companies that conduct non-cash transactions and only to the extent necessary to effect the payments. Except for the above situations CareerNet Global, Inc. shall not disclose any information or personal data provided by Customer.
E) You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, or governmental authorities may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your Personal Information to be shared or transferred to third parties (other than Third Party Service Provider) without your permission.
F) Personal Data and other information provided by Customer shall not be disclosed to third parties unless the obligation to disclose the information to third parties results from the currently effective provisions of law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or if it is necessary for the CareerNet Global, Inc.’s security and the protection of its rights, including the protection against the claims submitted by the third parties. The provided Customer’s information (including Personal Data) may be utilized in the event of breach of Terms and Conditions for the use of Services, misuse of funds, the necessity to take action against all Customer’s unlawful actions. CareerNet Global, Inc. shall transfer no information or Personal Data to any third parties for marketing purposes. CareerNet Global, Inc. reserves the right to use the provided Personal Data for the marketing purposes and other purposes connected with presenting an up-to-date offer of Services and instructions or tips related to Services in direct contacts with the Customer. You may opt-out from such emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org(or via support e-mail of the Service you use).
G) We will always give you an opportunity to choose opt-out before your Personal Data is (1) disclosed to a Sub-processor (other than CareerNet Global, Inc.’s representatives doing work at our direction, or a third party affiliated or associated with CareerNet Global, Inc. and connected with providing services and its current business activity), or (2) to be used for a purpose that is materially different than that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. The only exception to this choice for Personal Data would be where we are required to disclose your Personal Data pursuant to a governmental, police or judicial order, law or regulation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will enable our Customers to provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices. To limit the use and disclosure of your Personal Data, please submit a written request by emailing us at email@example.com (or via support e-mail of the Service you use).
20. Accountability for Onward Transfer
21. Sub-processors (third party service providers)
If CareerNet Global, Inc. needs to use a Sub-processor in order to provide and support the features of its Services, it may share Personal Data for that purpose.
22. Advertising partners.
We warrant that we take reasonable and appropriate technical and operational measures to protect your Personal Data we collect and hold them from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While processing Personal Data we take into due account the risk involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data. However, You agree that we are not responsible for data loss or misuse by our third-party service partners and should these instances arise, you agree you will not in any way hold CareerNet responsible for these matters.
24. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation.
CareerNet Global, Inc. will only collect and retain Personal Data which is relevant to the purposes for which the Personal Data is collected, and will not use it in a way that is incompatible with such purposes unless such use has been subsequently authorized by the Customer. CareerNet Global, Inc. will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. We may occasionally contact you to determine that your Personal Data is still accurate and current.
Each data subject has the right to access, correct, amend, block or delete its Personal Data. The Company shall comply with any commercially reasonable request by Customer to correct, amend, block or delete Customer’s Personal Data, as required by Data Protection Laws, to the extent the Company is legally permitted to do so. If you wish to access, amend, or confirm that CareerNet Global, Inc. has Personal Data relating to you, or if you wish to correct or delete your Personal Data if it is inaccurate, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or via support e-mail of the Service you use). If your Personal Data changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, update, delete inaccuracies or request deactivation of your account by making the change within the ‘my profile’ section of the site or by emailing us at email@example.com (or via support e-mail of the Service you use). We will respond to your access request within 14 days. To request removal of your personal data from our testimonials or customer support forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or via support e-mail of the Service you use). In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
25. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability.
From time-to-time, we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in a survey within our applications or via email. If you participate, we may require your name, last name, email address or other data. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
27. Personal Data protection.
CareerNet Global, Inc. applies technical safety measures of the highest standards to protect the provided Personal Data against loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure. The used measures and technology ensure complete safety of the Personal Data provided by the Customer or other data subject. The Personal Data is available solely to the Customer or to a person indicated by the Customer and provided that authorized access has been granted to such person. The Customer controls who is allowed to access. CareerNet Global, Inc. follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data both during transmission and once received by the Company. No method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, the absolute security cannot be guaranteed. No data transmission via the Internet, however, can guarantee 100% safety. However, CareerNet Global, Inc. takes all necessary steps and measures to update and modernize its data protection system. The transmission of most information is encrypted by using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
29. Data gathering entity.
Conducting its activity, under the business name of CareerNet Global, Inc. with its office 1001 Brickell Bay Drive, Suite 2700, Miami, Florida, 33130 United States of America, shall be the entity gathering Personal Data and other information.
30. Commercial transactions.
We may post Customers’ testimonials on our websites which may contain Personal Data. We do obtain the Customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their names along with their testimonials.
32. Community forums.
Our websites may offer publicly accessible forums. Please be aware that any information provided in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
33. Link to Other Sites.
34, Terms and Conditions. By using offered Services rendered by CareerNet Global, Inc., the Visitor and the Customer are obliged to comply with the rules contained in the Terms and Conditions available on our websites.
You may contact us at email@example.com with any additional questions.