Location: Naples Florida
Salary: $85,000 – $150,000
Benefits: Competitive compensation package • Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits • 401k • Paid vacation and holidays
Company is a high-growth transportation & logistics company expanding into new services and markets via acquisition. Company is looking for what they describe as “a self-starter to join [its] team of logistics industry experts on a mission to grow [customers defined as] existing motor carriers, equipment leasing companies, driver leasing enterprises, and logistics brokerage operations.”
As the Compliance & Recruiting Manager, you will work closely with the Executive Team on Company’s development and strategic plan. This is a hybrid role, where part of your time will be spent recruiting and improving driver retention for the company, and the other part will be spent ensuring all safety and compliance standards are being met according to DOT guidelines.
The ideal candidate is an expert with DOT Compliance & Regulations, and Commercial Motor Vehicle knowledge. Familiarity with the unique challenges inherent in the trucking industry is essential. As a recruiter, you must understand driver needs and wants, possess strong closing techniques, and possess proven experience implementing culture programs designed to develop workplace values that drive high performance & healthy bottom lines. You also must be able to work remotely and perform recruiting duties remotely and from the office.
Key Skills / Attributes & Responsibilities
- High Energy Individual
- Builder, Not Maintainer
- Someone who can Organize an Agenda->Lead Calls->Document Take-Aways
- Very Organized
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Manages safety/compliance via a business lens
- Innovative thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution
- Oversee the management of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Implement and manage safety policies and procedures in compliance with
local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Qualify driver candidates by effectively screening their driving experience, cards/licenses, checks & tests, and CDL vs non-CDL.
- Driver Onboarding and Onboarding Experience.
- Continuously innovate and improve driver retention with culture programs
and performance incentives.
- Manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation, including but not limited to:
Driver File & Driver Qualification Compliance Programs
- Onboarding & Pay Programs for non-W2 employees.
- Significant knowledge of the FMCSA Portal
- Insurance & Risk Management Systems
- Electronic Log Devices & Portals
- ATS / Recruitment Platforms
- Route & Non-Routing Safety Compliance Reports
- Processing accidents & incidents – including, but not limited to: Investigating, Monitoring, Filing Reports, Internal & External Company Claims.
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of the people resources of the corporation.
- Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of DOT/OSHA Rules and Regulations a must Knowledge of 1099, Contractors, and W2 differences
- Experience owning HR and Compliance Operations in a high-growth, fastpaced environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the supply chain and logistics industry
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues